Contributors to Electric Autonomy Canada consist of award-winning writers, journalists and industry experts from across Canada.
Alain McKenna is a reporter and author based in Montreal who’s been covering the global tech and auto sectors for the past 20 years, for some of the country’s most influential publications.
Latest from Alain McKenna
Alex Chapman is the executive director of Our Energy Guelph, a not-for-profit enterprise created in 2019 to guide the city of Guelph toward its goal of becoming a net zero carbon community by 2050.
Alex Gruzen is Chief Executive Officer of WiTricity, a technology company which develops wireless power transfer solutions using patented technology.
Amit Rosenzweig is CEO of Ottopia, a provider of teleoperation technology which enables vehicles to be controlled remotely and safely.
Latest from Amit Rosenzweig
Commercial Director of Foss National Leasing. Passionate about changing the way we look at fleet management, mobility, green initiatives and automotive trends.
Latest from Basil Marcus
Ben Sharpe, Ph.D., is a senior researcher with the International Council on Clean Transportation, and leads that organization's Canada Program.
Latest from Ben Sharpe
Brendan McEwen is Director of Electric Mobility and Low Carbon Strategies at AES Engineering. Brendan helps government and utility clients plan for the transition to a zero-emissions, electrified future
Cobourg, ON. Brian is an award-winning editor, writer and project leader who specializes in environmental topics and business communications.
Latest from Brian Banks
- Phase out of new PHEV sales by 2035 critical to Canada achieving 2050 net zero emissions: report
- Industry minister Champagne says Canada’s EV supply chain potential is getting “noticed” by German automakers
- Sourcing electric trucks proves to be a heavy lift for B.C. sign company
- Montreal foundation awards $800,000 in “catalytic capital” to spur electric school bus adoption in Canada
- Linamar, Alectra and EnerTech anchoring new California-Ontario electric mobility axis
- VinFast shares 2022 Canadian EV launch details: large models, long warranties and lots of retail locations
Based in Winnipeg, Bryan is an award-winning business journalist focusing on investing, personal finance and technology issues. He has written for the New York Times, CNBC, Wired and others.
Latest from Bryan Borzykowski
Caitlin Stall-Paquet is a Montreal-based writer whose work has appeared in Maisonneuve Magazine, Vice and Matrix.
Latest from Caitlin Stall-Paquet
President and CEO, Plug'nDrive
Latest from Cara Clairman
Catherine Kargas and Pierre Ducharme are principals at MARCON, a Montreal-based management consulting boutique specialized in alternate fuel transportation.
Latest from Catherine Kargas and Pierre Ducharme
Christopher Ralph has worked in environmental policy for nearly a decade, for companies such as Canada Post, Envari and Hydro Ottawa. He has studied climate change policy at University of Toronto and Université de Québec Téluq.
Latest from Christopher Ralph
Dan Woynillowicz is the principal of Polaris Strategy + Insight, a strategic advisory firm helping accelerate the energy transition and deliver climate solutions.
Latest from Dan Woynillowicz
- What are the implications of a Biden presidency for Canada’s ZEV industry?
- Electric vehicle assembly deals put Canada in the race
- Voluntary commitments alone won’t resolve ride-hailing’s growing carbon footprint
- Thanks to new California regulations, more zero-emission trucks are coming — but will they ever get to Canada?
- An auto sector bailout? Green strings attached, please
Daniel Breton is President and CEO of Electric Mobility Canada, a national membership-based not-for-profit organization dedicated exclusively to the advancement of e-mobility.
Latest from Daniel Breton
Devin is a director of the EV Society and founder and president of EV Society Sudbury chapter
Latest from Devin Arthur
Dr. Jeff Dahn is a lithium-ion battery researcher at Dalhousie University in Halifax, working toward the development of a million-mile EV battery. He is the 2017 recipient of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council’s (NSERC) Herzberg Canada Gold Medal.
Latest from Dr. Jeff Dahn
Latest from Electric Autonomy Staff
- Avoiding the storms: Creating a resilient and circular EV Supply Chain
- Smart Cities: making transportation accessible and inclusive
- How can organizations benefit from incentives to deploy EV charging infrastructure?
- Plug and Charge: Enhancing the EV experience
- Public EV charging: How fast is fast enough?
- In Memoriam: Catherine Kargas
Emma Buchanan is a multimedia journalist from Vancouver, currently based in Toronto. She writes about policy and technology and holds a bachelor’s in journalism from Ryerson University.
Latest from Emma Buchanan
- Recycling batteries a critical part of Canada’s need for a “secure supply of raw materials” say experts
- Leading automotive manufacturers support 2035 ZEV target, discuss merits of “Buy Canada” policy
- “In the next year or two” Canada must decide to be a supplier of raw materials or battery cells
- Mining experts talk urgency of needed investment for battery metals, importance of furthering green mining
- Top industry scientists point to merits of a national centre for battery R&D, more second-life research
- Experts make strong call for federal strategy to advance Canadian EV battery supply chain
Emma Jarratt is an investigative multimedia journalist in Toronto. She holds a Master of Journalism from Ryerson University.
Latest from Emma Jarratt
- Canada Post is electrifying 14,000 last-mile fleet vehicles. We go behind the scenes of that decision
- Federal government opens consultations on national Critical Mineral Strategy
- Meet the Canadian women solving problems, digging deep and changing the face of the mining industry
- Canada Post unveils plan to convert half its 14,000 last-mile vehicle fleet to zero-emission by 2030, the rest by 2040
- Windsor attracts South Korean EV battery casing factory to supply new Stellantis plant, adding 300 local jobs
- B.C.’s Nano One buys $10.25-million cathode active material facility in Quebec, inks deal with BASF for battery development
Gordon is a researcher on the ICCT's EV team, where he studies policy strategies to accelerate passenger vehicle electrification, along with analyzing vehicle costs and equity considerations.
Latest from Gordon Bauer
Gregory J. Stulen is a government relations professional with expertise in federal, provincial, and municipal governments in Canada. He writes about government, business, and current affairs in the clean technology and future economy sectors.
Latest from Gregory J. Stulen
Toronto, ON. Passionate Mobility Futurist - Consultant, Speaker, Author. Principal Consultant for Vision Mobility.
Latest from James Carter
- What my 800km Tesla road trip taught me about EV range and public charging
- Zombie technologies of electric vehicles: e-roads
- Zombie technologies of electric vehicles: wireless charging
- Micro-mobility: The consternation of safe vs. cool
- Tesla: Great product, but one big weakness
- It’s time for Canada to join the leaders in New Mobility
James Paul owns jpwritely.com and has seventeen years of experience writing and editing news, blogs, internal and external communications pieces and financial copy.
Latest from James Paul
- EVs are rapidly improving. It’s time to elevate Canadian highway charging
- Real routes! Real freight! Canada’s Purolator and Day & Ross take on 11 U.S. companies in three-week electric trucking demo starting today
- GM touts advances in its EV battery technology with latest Ultium platform details
- Canadian automotive manufacturing projects to get $40 million in funding as part of ZEV challenge
- Federal government launches clean energy investment blitz to mark first #EVWeekinCanada
- Riding the wave: Toronto Island ferry electrification one of several zero emission marine projects
Jasmin Legatos is a freelance writer and small business owner based in Montreal. She has covered everything from breaking news to luxury travel, the airline industry and public transportation.
Latest from Jasmin Legatos
- CEO of Bolt Logistics unpacks the strategy behind the fleet’s drive into electrification
- Major EV charging networks sign roaming agreement, opening door for more flexibility
- The path to successfully installing chargers into condos and businesses
- After nearly 500 km of driving, results are in from Ottawa’s self-driving shuttle pilot
- Quebec unveils funding to electrify 65 per cent of all school buses by 2030
- The inside track on why one major fleet operator is purchasing 6,500 Tesla and Workhorse electric trucks
Jean-François Venne is a freelance reporter from Montreal writing about education, R&D, business and current affairs.
Jeff Turner is the Senior Research Lead for Clean Mobility at Dunsky Energy Consulting. Jeff also sits on the board of Electric Mobility Canada.
Joanna is Clean Energy Canada's senior policy advisor. Based in Ottawa, she regularly connects with thought leaders, industry stakeholders, and policymakers at the federal level while working to develop and advance policy solutions that address climate change and promote clean growth
Latest from Joanna Kyriazis
Joel is a former member of the Canadian Paralympic team, actor and public speaker.
John Lorinc is a Toronto freelance journalist who writes about politics, urban affairs, the environment and business. He has won numerous National Magazine Awards.
Latest from John Lorinc
- Toronto-based global fleet manager launches EV transition strategy for commercial clients
- Cities’ accelerating shift to zero-emission transportation keeps Canada’s climate goals in sight
- Green transit experts predict winners, losers and “battleground” sectors in the hydrogen fuel cell race
- Is Canadian hydrogen fuel cell technology soon to be as popular at home as it is abroad?
Josh Kozelj is a freelance writer based in Vancouver, British Columbia. He has written for the New York Times, Globe and Mail, and CBC.
Latest from Josh Kozelj
- Reliance Home Comfort adds EV charger rentals to its appliances menu
- Zero-emission vehicle registrations in Canada hit 8.3 per cent in first quarter of 2022
- BlackBerry and Magna expand their advanced driver assistance technology partnership
- Canadian NGOs launch electric school bus alliance to accelerate transition from diesel
- A Canadian EV charging network with a difference: community ownership
- Chevy Bolt and Porsche Taycan top EVs in ALG’s 2022 Canadian residual value awards
Josh Elyea is a writer from Toronto, Ontario. He has an extensive investigative background and specializes in current events, finance and music criticism
Latest from Joshua Elyea
Josipa is President and CEO of CUTRIC a member-based industry-led organization that partners stakeholders in the transit, transportation and integrated mobility sectors in the pursuit of collaborative research, development and demonstration projects with academia.
Kate Haycock is a journalist living in Calgary, Alberta. She has over fifteen years' experience as a writer and editor in finance, mining and technology.
Latest from Kate Haycock
- Montreal company one of the first in Canada to integrate Ford e-Transit zero-emission delivery vans into its fleet
- Winnipeg Transit looks to buy 110 zero-emission buses, convert 15 per cent of fleet, by 2027
- Canada’s EV charging networks grow, with fast charger installations up 39 per cent in 2021
- Manitoba lithium company looks to become continental EV battery supply chain player
- Over one in 20 new cars registered in Canada in 2021 were EVs
- Ultra-low overnight electricity price plan could come to Ontario by April 2023
Katie Ingram is a freelance journalist and author based in Halifax. She also teaches in the University of King's College School of Journalism.
Latest from Katie Ingram
- The ledger doesn’t lie: new study shows Canadians can travel 5x further in an EV than a gas car for the same fuel cost
- DHL’s zero-emission strategy takes off with purchase of 12 all-electric cargo planes
- Halifax Transit buying 60 electric buses, expands zero-emission commitment to new transit terminal
- Nova Scotia to get first electric ferry in $3.3-million electrified transport and net-zero passenger terminal initiative
- Turo car sharing service touts its EV offerings in a splashy partnership with Porsche
- Autonomous driving: Closer than you think?
Kent Waddington is the Communications Director and a co-founder of the Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care.
Latest from Kent Waddington
Kerry Banks is a Vancouver freelance writer and book author.
Latest from Kerry Banks
- CP and CN set sights on putting first zero-emission locomotives into operation
- BC Ferries’ new hybrid-electric vessels just the start of a major electrification push
- Groundbreaking Edmonton-Calgary heavy-duty hydrogen truck pilot ready to roll
- Supply of electric vehicles at Canadian dealerships is inadequate to meet demand
- Draft federal plan for clean fuel credit system omits 80 per cent of EV charging, carmakers and owners say
- Fuelling controversy: What do new U.S. fuel efficiency regulations mean for Canada’s climate goals?
Professor Lesley Warren is the Claudette Mackay-Lassonde Chair in Mineral Engineering and Director of the Lassonde Institute of Mining at the University of Toronto.
Latest from Lesley Warren
Luke Sarabia is a writer and editor based in Toronto. He holds a degree in English and Art History from McGill University.
Latest from Luke Sarabia
- NRCan seeks ZEV education, awareness projects to fund in latest RFP
- Canada mandates new car and passenger truck sales to be 100 per cent zero-emission by 2035
- City of Brampton orders electric fire truck, in Ontario first
- EMC calls for “more ambitious” federal light-duty ZEV sales target of 100 per cent by 2030
- Ottawa to add 450 zero-emission buses to its transit fleet by 2027, become fully electric by 2036
- Newfoundland and Labrador joins the ranks of EV rebate provinces and territories
Mark Richardson is an author and automotive journalist who contributes to The Globe and Mail, CAA magazine and Automotive News Canada, among others. He is also a former president of the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada.
Latest from Mark Richardson
Matthew Klippenstein P.Eng. is the Regional Manager, Western Canada, for the Canadian Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association, and Branch Manager for Hydrogen BC.
Latest from Matthew Klippenstein
Based in B.C., Maxime is the founder of LeadingAhead Energy and a board member of Electric Mobility Canada
Latest from Maxime Charron
- Accessing DC fast charging speed between Vancouver and Los Angeles: a case study
- Planning to install EV chargers in your condo? You’ll need a strategy
- Site owners installing charging infrastructure face choice between open (OCPP) and proprietary protocols
- Powering up: Moving beyond 50kW fast chargers
Mehanaz is a graduate of Concordia University in Journalism and Political Science and is striving to use her reporting skills to "make a difference."
Latest from Mehanaz Yakub
- Propulsion Québec receives $8 million to launch EV charging and smart transportation development programs
- Experts reveal how on-demand transit can transform accessibility for commuters in Canada
- NRCan zeroes in on zero-emission vehicle awareness funding in new call for proposals
- PDAC 2022 features a heavy emphasis on optimizing the mining world for the EV revolution
- Videotron adding 100 Ford E-Transit electric vans to its fleet this summer
- A buddy program in Quebec demonstrates how peer-to-peer assistance helps get more drivers into EVs
Michael writes regularly on EVs and green technology for Torstar (Wheels.ca, The Toronto Star) and is former managing editor of autoTRADER.ca, and has been a writer, photographer and columnist for publications such as The Globe and Mail, ForbesAutos and MSN Autos.
Latest from Michael Bettencourt
- Behind the wheel of the Kia EV6 and Hyundai Ioniq 5: similarities, differences and what makes each EV tick
- Q2 sees major EV players finally hit the Canadian market with Ford, Lucid and Toyota hotly anticipated
- The pool of EVs available in Canada is growing in Q1 2022 at both ends of market
- It’s raining new electric SUVs and the first ID.4s rolled onto Canadian dealership lots this week
- The “lost” quarter? Canadian EV introductions hit a rough patch in Q3
- New EV arrivals in Canada include one cost-friendly debut and several six-figure offerings
Nathan Lemphers is a post-doctoral fellow at the Smart Prosperity Institute. He studies the transition to electrified transportation, and how industry associations have depicted electromobility over time.
Consultant for the urban planning and transport sector - policy and communications specialist.
Latest from Nicholas Sanderson
- Stantec to bring micro-mobility hubs to cities and campuses in new partnership with Swiftmile
- Whose lane is it, anyway? Five ways COVID-19 might change city mobility
- Innovative city pilot results in permanent dockless e-bike sharing scheme
- Federal candidates back electric buses, warn against EVs as panacea, in election debate
- Canada’s micro-mobility era is off with a bang, as provinces strive to regulate demand, safety
Paul Martin is a chemical engineer, and lifelong environmentalist. He’s a passionate advocate for electric vehicles and a renewable energy advocate.
Pete Thimmaiah, PhD, is program lead, zero emission fleets at the Fraser Basin Council, based in Vancouver.
Latest from Pete Poovanna (Thimmaiah)
Peter Kovacik is the founder of Research Interfaces, an initiative promoting knowledge transfer between academia and industry. He holds a Ph.D. from the University of Oxford and has more than a decade of experience in research and development of energy technologies.
Latest from Peter Kovacik
Peter Vella calls himself a car nut with a conscience, and has found his enthusiasm for things mobile revitalized by the electric vehicle movement . He travels extensively to most any electric vehicle symposium, international car show or car museum he can get to.
Latest from Peter Vella
- Electrifying a market giant: Why Ford’s new Lightning pickup is the biggest innovation in F-150 history
- Volkswagen sets ID.4 up for Canadian market success as first all-wheel-drive electric SUV to be rebate-eligible
- What price performance? A new EV range metric that all drivers can understand
- Better braking: another way EVs clear the air
- Petro-Can’s EV fast chargers herald a new era
AUTOCRYPT is a mobility security provider dedicated to the safety of future transportation.
Latest from Presented by Cadillac Canada
Chargepoint focuses solely on offering a quality electric vehicle (EV) charging experience for everyone involved in the shift to electric mobility.
Latest from Presented by ChargePoint
CIBC is in the business to help their clients, employees and shareholders achieve what is important to them. Their ability to create value for all CIBC stakeholders is driven by a business culture based on common values: Trust, Teamwork and Accountability
Latest from Presented by ClearBlue Technologies Group
Latest from Presented by CUTRIC
Dentons is a global legal practice providing client services worldwide through its member firms and affiliates.
Latest from Presented by Dentons
A world-class outsourcing company specializing in industrialization, manufacturing, maintenance and logistics.
Latest from Presented by DRAKKAR Aerospace & Ground Transportation
EVdirect Inc. specializes in smart, controlled, and monitored power distribution. With a focus on Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure for single dwelling, multi-residential and commercial buildings.
Latest from Presented by EV Direct
As one of the world leaders in mobility, Keolis Canada carries nearly 20 million passengers and delivers more than 1 million parcels every year.
Latest from Presented by Keolis
MacLean Engineering specializes in underground mobile equipment solutions based on hard rock mining experience.
As Ontario’s largest clean electricity generator, OPG produces about half of the province’s power using a diverse portfolio of publically-owned generating assets.
Latest from Presented by OPG
SWTCH provides end-to-end electric vehicle (EV) charging and energy management solutions. Their innovative EV charging and energy management platform optimizes charger usage to benefit charger providers and drivers.
Simon Thibault is the Director Regulation & Public Policy for Propulsion Québec. His mandate includes coordinating with government agencies and industrials to develop the battery value chain in Quebec, in the context of the electrification of transportation and the clean transition of our economy.
Latest from Simon Thibault
Stephanie Wallcraft is a multiple award-winning automotive and motorsport writer based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. She is currently the president of the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada.
Latest from Stephanie Wallcraft
- Forest River on track to triple electric bus sales in Canada through deal with Lightning eMotors
- General Motors signals an all out commitment to EVs with announcements on accessibility and battery factories
- Kia survey finds majority of Canadians open to purchasing an EV, as company increases supply in 2021
- Union leader Jerry Dias on Canadian EV production: “We’re on the cusp of leading globally”
- Uber drivers should not carry the economic burden of transitioning to EVs, says Canadian GM
- GM Canada “actively collaborating” with Canadian charging operators as it launches new EV platform
Stephen Bieda is a cleantech strategist and communications architect that transforms unconventional thinking into common practice. Focusing on sustainability, smart cities, active urban transport, the sharing economy, the smart grid, and autonomous vehicles.
Latest from Stephen Bieda
Stuart is the acting Vice President of Marketing and Communications at MacLean Engineering.
Latest from Stuart Lister
Thomas Hundal is a freelance automotive journalist in Toronto.
Latest from Thomas Hundal
Tim Falconer is a veteran journalist, journalism professor and instructor, and author.
Latest from Tim Falconer
Tim Johnston is the Co-Founder and Executive Chairman at Li-Cycle, an advanced lithium-ion battery resource recovery company.
Latest from Tim Johnston
President, Electric Vehicle Society